If you are an Otaku, keen on keeping up with all the latest animes, then Funimation is just the right service for you. It offers exclusive access to a large variety of anime shows and live-action dramas with Subs and Dubs in several languages. Besides this, you can also download these shows to watch offline.
Read this article to learn how to sign up for Funimation, activate, and stream it on different devices- so you can start watching your favorite anime in no time.
Funimation Pricing Plans
Funimation basically offers two pricing plans for its anime streaming services. The Premium Plan gives you ad-free access to anime on up to two devices, while Premium Plus Plan allows up to 5 devices at a time.
Funimation is a paid service that offers two subscription plans. The best part is with either of the plans, you get a 14-day free trial. Let’s take a look at the features of each plan:
1. Premium Plan
The premium plan costs $7.99 a month or $79.99 annually. With this plan, you get ad-free access to animes on two devices simultaneously. Plus, it offers a wide variety of subs and dubs so that you can enjoy streaming in your preferred language.
2. Premium Plus Plan
The Premium Plus plan costs $9.99 per month and $99.99 per year. Just like the Premium plan, it gives you unlimited access to a large library of dubbed and subbed anime in various languages. With Premium Plus, you can start watching ad-free anime content but with the added benefit of streaming on up to 5 devices at once. Additionally, it lets you download and stream content offline on mobile devices.
How to Sign Up for Funimation?
To sign up for Funimation, navigate to funimation.com > Try Premium Plus > Start My Free Trial > Continue. Then, add your payment details and click Start Subscription.
For streaming content on Funimation, you first need to Sign Up for it by creating an account. Here are the steps to get the Funimation channel subscription:
- Launch your preferred web browser and go to Funimation.com.
- Navigate to the Shows section, and click the Try Premium Plus option on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select your preferred plan and click the Start My Free Trial option.
- Add your email address and password, and select the Continue button.
- After this, add your payment and billing details, such as Paypal or credit or debit card information.
- Once you’re done with that, press the Start Subscription button. (Your 14 days free trial will start from then onwards)
How to Activate Funimation on Different Devices?
The process for activating Funimation on different devices is more or less the same. However, for your ease, we have mentioned the steps for activating Funimation on almost every device below:
Activate Funimation on Roku
If you want to set up your Funimation account on your Roku, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the Home page on your Roku account by pressing the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Open the Streaming Channels tab and click Search Channels.
- Find the Funimation channel using the search bar.
- When the Funimation channel app appears on your screen, select the Add Channel option and wait for the installation to complete.
- After installation, you will be able to see the Funimation channel in the list of channels on your home screen.
- Open the Funimation app and log in to your account. You will receive a Funimation activate code.
- On your Roku account, go to Funimation.com/activate and enter your code here to get access.
- Now press Continue and stream your favorite Funimation shows.
Activate Funimation on Apple TV
Follow these steps to start streaming Funimation on your Apple TV:
- Launch Apple’s website and go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for Funimation Channel in the search bar and install the app.
- After the installation, open the app and log in to your account. (A Funimation activate code will appear on your TV screen)
- Navigate to Funimation.com/activate on another device and enter the activation code.
- Then press Continue and enjoy Funimation’s streaming services.
Activate Funimation on Amazon Fire TV
If you have a subscription to Amazon Fire TV, you can also stream Funimation there. Here’s how:
- Go to the Home screen of Amazon Fire TV.
- Launch the App Store and search the Funimation channel app in the search field.
- Once the app appears, select Download and wait for the installation to complete, and then you can start the Funimation activate process.
- Now sign in to your Funimation account. (Funimation activate code will appear on your screen)
- On your PC or mobile device, go to Funimation.com/activate. Enter the code into the assigned box and select Continue.
- Now you’re all set to stream Funimation content on your Amazon device.
Activate Funimation on Google TV
If you’re a Chromecast/Google TV user, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to activate Funimation on your TV:
- Turn on your Google TV and navigate to the Apps section on your Home screen.
- Select the Search option and type in Funimation.
- Find the Funimation channel app and press the Install button.
- After the installation, go to the Menu and launch the Funimation app on your Google TV.
- In the Sign-in Menu, enter your login information.
- After this, press Continue and stream your preferred anime series on your TV.
Activate Funimation on Android Smart TV
If you own an Android smart TV such as a Samsung Smart TV, you can follow these steps to activate Funimation on it:
- Launch the Play Store on your Android Smart TV.
- Search for the Funimation app and click the Download button once it appears on the screen.
- After the installation is complete, open the Funimation channel application and Sign In. (An activation code will appear on the screen)
- On another device, go to Funimation.com/activate and enter your Funimation activate code in the designated box..
- After this, you can stream Funimation on your Android Smart TV.
Activate Funimation on PlayStation
To activate Funimation on Playstation, follow these steps:
- Go to PlayStation’s Home Screen on your ps4.
- Navigate to the PlayStation store and search Funimation in the search area.
- Once it appears on the screen, press Download and wait for the app to install.
- After this, launch the Funimation app and sign in to your Funimation account by entering your account details.
- An activation code will appear on your screen.
- Go to Funimation.com/activate, type the activation code in the designated box, and press Continue. Now you will be able to stream shows from Funimation on your PS4.
Activate Funimation on Xbox
If you own an Xbox, the process for Activating Funimation on it is slightly different than PS4. Here are its steps:
- Launch the Xbox App Store and search for the Funimation Channel app.
- After finding the channel, select Activate Channel from the drop-down Xbox Menu.
- You will receive Funimation activate code in your email after you select your TV provider from the drop-down menu.
- On Xbox, go to Funimation.com/activate and enter the activation code in the provided area. Funimation would now be activated on your Xbox.
Activate Funimation on Nintendo Switch
Don’t be surprised. Yes, you can also watch Funimation on your Nintendo Switch. Here are the steps to follow:
- Connect your Nintendo Switch to WiFi if it is not already connected.
- Open the Nintendo eShop and Install Funimation.
- Launch the Funimation app from the HOME Menu of Nintendo Switch.
- Log in to your account and stream whatever you want to see on the Funimation app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Funimation paid plan worth it?
If you’re an anime geek and want to see the newest and favorite anime shows, then Funimation paid plans are absolutely worth it. It lets you stream your favorite English dubbed anime and subtitled shows that are originally in Japanese. And it’s not limited to English, you can stream shows in German, Spanish, and so many more languages on Funimation.
Why is my Funimation subscription not working?
Sometimes the Funimation app fails to detect your subscription, especially if you have subscribed just recently. In this case, simply logging out of your account and logging in can fix the problem. Or else, you can reach out to Funimation support.
Funimation V/s Crunchyroll– which one is better?
If you want to stream a large variety of ad-free Anime shows, then Crunchyroll is the perfect option for you. However, if you also want subs and dubs for Anime shows and the benefit of watching these shows offline, Funimation is the app to go for.
On how many devices can I use one Funimation account?
If you own a Funimation Premium account, you can use it on up to two devices at once. On the other hand, the Premium Plus plan allows you to stream Funimation on up to five devices at the same time.