Minecraft’s one-stop launcher feature has made it possible for every player to have all the Minecraft-accessible stuff in one place. But sometimes, you may have an issue with the Minecraft launcher installer not working on your PC.
If that’s the case, you should go over 4 potential causes and 7 quick fixes to resolve the Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working. So, let’s begin troubleshooting!
Table of Contents
- 7 Ways to Fix Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working Error
- 4 Reasons Why Minecraft Launcher Installer is Not Working
- Frequently Asked Questions
7 Ways to Fix Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working Error
To fix the Minecraft launcher installer not working issue, you should restart your computer, run the installer with administrator rights, delete mod files, or disable the Firewall. Also, you should verify the time/date/region settings, download a legitimate installer, and run the game in compatibility mode.
If one method doesn’t work for you to resolve the Minecraft launcher issue, move on to the next one until you get back your favorite game running again. So, here are the details of each method:
1. Restart Your Computer
Sometimes, the Minecraft Launcher Installer does not work because of temporary bugs or glitches. To resolve the Minecraft Launcher Installer error code, do a simple PC restart to fix the issue.
You can follow these steps:
- Close all the running apps and programs on your system. Press the Windows key, click the power button, and then select Restart.
- Once you have rebooted your computer, search Minecraft installation in the Start menu’s search bar.
- Now, click Open to check if the Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working error on your PC is resolved or not
2. Run Minecraft Installer In Administrator Mode
There is a possibility that the unavailability of certain resources of the system is causing the Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working error on your PC. So, you should try running the Minecraft launcher with administrator privileges to resolve this issue.
Follow these steps to run the installer in Administrator mode:
- Search Minecraft Launcher in the Start menu’s search bar and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes on the next User Account Control (UAC) prompt to give administrative permission to Minecraft Launcher.
- If this method resolves the Minecraft Launcher Installer issue, you’ll see the Minecraft Downloader or the Minecraft Updater window prompt.
3. Remove Mod Files
When you uninstall Minecraft, the mod files are not deleted from your PC. So, this can also cause the Minecraft Installer Launching Not Working error on your gaming system.
To remove mod files, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously to get the run command box. Now, type %appdata% to find Minecraft app settings in the hidden folder.
- To access app data stored on your PC in the past, find the .minecraft folder from the list and open it.
- Now, look for a folder named mods in the list. Then, simply right-click and select delete to completely remove the mods files from your PC.
- Once you remove the mod files, launch the Minecraft Installer and check if the launcher works fine now.
4. Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall or third-party antivirus programs often restrict your PC from running the Minecraft Launcher Installer file. That’s why you need to disable or prevent the Firewall from blocking the Minecraft game.
To disable Windows Firewall, follow these steps:
- Type Windows Security in the Start menu’s search bar and click Open.
- Click Firewall and network protection.
- Select the network that is currently Active.
- Switch off the Windows Firewall of the network. Then, click Yes on the next UAC prompt to disable the firewall.
But if you wish to keep Windows Firewall ON and just want to give Minecraft app access to bypass the security, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Firewall settings section. Once there, click on Allow an app through the firewall.
- Click Change Settings and search for Minecraft Launcher in the list.
- But if you can’t find it, click Allow Another app and browse the Minecraft Launcher file to manually add it to the list.
- After this, tick mark both Private and Public boxes in front of Minecraft Launcher and hit OK.
- Once you are done, run the Minecraft Launcher to check whether the installer is working.
5. Set Time, Date, and Region
The Minecraft launcher installer is not working on your PC if you have set the incorrect time, date, or region of your system. To set correct these settings, follow these steps:
- Search date & time settings in the Windows search bar and click Open.
- Here, you can set the date, time, and region automatically or manually. Drag the slider if you choose to update automatically.
- After you update all the timings-related settings, launch Minecraft Installer to check if the issue is resolved or not.
6. Download Minecraft From Official Website
If you are facing the Minecraft Launcher Not Working issue, your installer may be pirated or illegal. They are only meant to bypass DRM checks and often contain malware. It can harm your PC or steal information from your system.
So, make sure you download Minecraft from the official website or the Microsoft store directly. You can also get the game from the Xbox app if you want to play it on your Xbox console.
7. Run the Game In Compatibility Mode
If none of the fixes work for you, try to run Minecraft in compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the MinecraftInstaller file. Then, right-click on the file and select Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, check the box that says Run the program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 8. Also, check Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Once done, hit Apply and OK to confirm the changes.
- Run Minecraft Installer to see if the installer works or not.
4 Reasons Why Minecraft Launcher Installer is Not Working
The Minecraft launcher installer is not working on your Windows due to incorrect date/time/region settings, Windows Firewall restrictions on the Minecraft launcher, or there are mod files on your system. Another reason could be the Minecraft installer is not legit.
Fixing the problem becomes easy when you know the main cause. So, read the following reasons why the Minecraft Launcher installer is not working on your Windows 11/10 for PC:
1. Date, Time, and Region Are Incorrect
Minecraft installer needs to synchronize the real-time data with its online server to verify the installation. So, if the Date, Time, and Region on your PC are not set correctly, the installer won’t run and will prompt an error window.
2. Windows Firewall Restricting Minecraft Installer
Sometimes, Windows Firewall blocks the Minecraft installer from running and considers it a threat to computer security. In such cases, you’ll see the Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working error on your computer system.
3. Remove Any Mods Installed
If you are reinstalling the Minecraft game and you had previously installed mods on your PC. This could also be the reason why you are unable to launch the Minecraft installer.
4. Installer Is Not Legit
Many gamers fall for illegal installers from other websites or get free game passes from unofficial sources- like forums, comments, etc. So, it is possible that you may not be using the legit Minecraft installer. This may also cause the Minecraft Launcher Installer not to work on your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the Minecraft installer stuck on installation?
The Minecraft installer may get stuck due to insufficient storage space, internet connection issues, a corrupted installation file, outdated graphics drivers, or antivirus program/firewall interference. Also, make sure you use the same Microsoft account you used to purchase the game.
Can I run Minecraft on Windows 10/11?
Yes, you can run Minecraft on Windows 10/11 as long as your system fulfills the minimum requirements for the game, which are as follows:
1. Windows 7 or higher.
2. A minimum of 2 GB RAM.
3. At least 1 GB of HDD available space.
4. Intel Core i3 3210 or AMD A8 7600.
5. A stable Internet Connection.
What is Minecraft Unified Launcher?
The Minecraft Unified Launcher is a free software released by Microsoft that lets players access all their Minecraft games in one place. It works on Windows, Mac, and Linux and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. It makes it easier for players to switch between different Minecraft versions.
What causes Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working error?
The main four causes of the Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working error on your PC are:
1. Incorrect date/time/region settings on your Windows computer.
2. Windows Firewall restrictions on the Minecraft Launcher.
3. Presence of mod files on your system.
4. The Minecraft installer may not be legitimate.
How to fix Minecraft Launcher Installer Not Working error?
To fix the Minecraft launcher installer not working issue, you should:
1. Restart your computer
2. Run the installer with administrator rights
3. Delete mod files
4. Disable the Firewall
5. Verify the time/date/region settings
6. Download a legitimate installer
7. Run the game in compatibility mode.