SFV launch error occurs on your PC when there is interference from your antivirus software or firewall. You may also experience this launching issue if Intel Driver Support and Intel System Usage conflict with SFV’s executables. Other reasons could be outdated drivers, missing/corrupt DLL files, or Steam not running with administrative privileges.
While these issues may seem critical, you can fix them with simple solutions and eliminate the Street Fighter 5 not launching error. Once you’ve resolved these causes, SFV launches successfully on your PC, and you can enjoy seamless gameplay.
5 Most Common Reasons Behind The SFV Won’t Launch PC Error
1. Windows Firewall or Third-Party Antivirus Interference
Street Fighter 5 may experience launch issues on your PC when there is interference from the firewall or a third-party antivirus program. Both these programs are designed for possible threat protection of your computer, but they can sometimes block legitimate programs from running. That’s why SFV fails to launch, and you may see other error messages.
2. Intel Driver Support and Intel System Usage
Sometimes, SFV doesn’t launch properly because of the Intel System Usage and Intel Driver Support processes. These processes may interfere with SFV’s executables, preventing the game from launching.
3. Steam Not Running in Administrative Mode
SFV often won’t launch on your PC due to a lack of administrative rights. That is, when Steam runs without administrative privileges, it doesn’t have the necessary permissions to access specific system resources or make changes to your computer. This can also cause problems when trying to launch SFV.
4. Outdated Drivers
If you’re experiencing the SFV won’t launch error on your PC, outdated drivers can also be the reason for it. This is because drivers manage the communication of your system’s hardware devices, such as graphics cards, network adapters, and other peripherals. When drivers are outdated, they can cause various issues, including conflicts with games like SFV.
5. Corrupt or Missing DLL Files
At times, Street Fighter 5 fails to launch due to corrupt or missing Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files. DLL files are basically code used by programs and operating systems to perform specific functions on your system. So, if there is a missing or corrupt DLL file, it can also cause the launching issue of SFV on your PC.
How to Fix SFV Won’t Launch PC Error?- 6 Effective Methods
You can fix the Street Fighter V launch issue on your PC by adding it to the exception list of your antivirus or Windows Firewall. Other solutions include stopping Intel System Usage and Intel Driver Support before launching the game, verifying game files on Steam, repairing the DLL library, updating your GPU’s drivers, or performing a clean boot.
One of these solutions can potentially fix Street Fighter 5. If one solution doesn’t work, try another one until the issue resolves and SFV launches successfully on your PC.
1. Add the Game to the Exception List
If the SFV launch issue occurs due to Windows Firewall or third-party antivirus, you must allow SFV through the firewall or antivirus program to fix it. To allow SFV through the Windows Firewall, you’ll need to add the game as an exception. Here’s how:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ms-settings:windowsdefender in the empty search bar and tap OK.
- The Windows Security tab of the Settings app will open. Here, tap the Open Windows Security button in the right side menu. It will open the built-in security solutions of your computer.
- The Windows Security menu will appear in a separate window. Here, select the Virus & threat protection option from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Scroll down and click Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings in the right side menu.
- Scroll down to Exclusions under the Virus & threat protection settings and click Add or remove exclusions.
- A UAC prompt will appear. Click Yes on it, and the Exclusions window will open.
- Click the Add an exclusion button under Exclusions and select Folder in the drop-down menu.
- Navigate the Street Fighter V folder in your computer in the next window and tap the Select Folder button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect and relaunch SFV.
2. Shut Down Intel’s Background Services
Intel services run in the background on your computer to support various Intel products and features. But two of these services, Intel System Usage and Intel Diver Support, can cause conflicts with Street Fighter 5. If you’re experiencing problems with these Intel services, try stopping them and see if that resolves the issue. Here’s how you can stop these services:
- Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys on your keyboard simultaneously to open Task Manager.
- Scroll through the list of processes to see if Intel System Usage or Intel Driver Support are active.
- If one or both of these processes are active, right-click the process and select End task from the drop-down menu.
- Relaunch the game after ending these processes, and the error should be resolved.
3. Verify Game Files on Steam
Verifying the game files on Steam can help fix issues with corrupted or missing files, which can cause problems when trying to launch Street Fighter 5. Here’s how to verify the game files on Steam:
- Launch Steam and go to your game Library.
- Right-click Street Fighter V and select Properties.
- Tap the Local Files tab and click Verify integrity of game files button.
Steam will begin checking the game files for problems. This process may take a few minutes to complete. Steam will download and replace the corrupted or missing files if any issues are found. Once the process is complete, relaunch SFV and see if the problem has been resolved.
4. Repair Your DLL Library
If SFV has a missing or corrupted DLL file, you may see an error message or experience crashes when trying to launch the game. In fact, this causes the game to behave unexpectedly or prevents it from running at all. To fix this issue, you can scan and repair damaged or missing DLL files using the Command Prompt in Windows. Here’s how to do it:
- Type command in your Windows search bar.
- Right-click Command Prompt in the menu and select Run as administrator from the drop-down menu.
- Click Yes on the UAC command prompt.
- The Administrator: Command Prompt window will open. Here, type sfc /scannow.
- Click Enter and wait for the process to complete.
If there are issues with DLL files, this should fix them, and SFV should launch successfully. But if you continue having trouble launching Street Fighter 5, try another solution.
5. Update Your GPU’s Drivers
If you’re experiencing issues with Street Fighter V on your computer, an outdated or corrupt graphics card driver could cause the problem. Updating your GPU’s drivers to the latest version can help fix these issues and improve the overall performance of your system. Here’s how to update your GPU’s drivers:
- Type Device Manager in your computer’s search bar.
- Select the Device Manager from the menu, and it will open in a new window.
- In the Device Manager window, expand the Display adapters option.
- Right-click your desired driver from the list and select Update driver in the context menu.
- A new window will appear. Select Search automatically for drivers and wait for the system to find available updates.
- If updates are available, your PC will install them. But if your drivers are up-to-date, you’ll see this screen.
6. Perform a Clean Boot on Windows 10
Performing a clean boot on Windows 10 can help you troubleshoot issues with programs, including Street Fighter V (SFV), by disabling unnecessary programs and services that may conflict with the game. Here’s how to perform a clean boot on Windows 10 to fix Street Fighter V:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type msconfig into the Run dialog and tap OK or press Enter.
- The System Configuration window will open. Under the General tab, click the Selective startup option.
- Uncheck the box next to Load startup items.
- Next, click the Services tab and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Tap the Disable all button to disable all non-Microsoft services. Then, click OK to save changes.
- Restart your computer and try relaunching SFV to see if the issue has been resolved.
Remember that a clean boot will disable many programs and services on your system. So, you may need to enable them again after you’ve finished troubleshooting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the minimum requirements to run Street Fighter 5 for PC?
For running Street Fighter V on your PC, you’ll need at least Windows 7 64-bit OS. Your PC must have Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz with 6 GB RAM. As for the graphics, you should have NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480, GTX 570, GTX 670, or better. You’ll also need DirectX version 11 and a DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard chipset.
How can I run SFV as an administrator?
You can run SFV as an administrator by launching Steam with administrative rights. To do that, type Steam in your computer’s search bar and right-click the Steam icon in the menu. Then, tap Run as administrator. Next, open Steam’s Library tab, right-click Street Fighter V. Tap Manage, and then, Browse local files in the context menu.
Now, find SFV’s .exe file in the installation folder and right-click it to select Properties from the context menu. Go to the Compatibility tab in the new window, check Run this program as administrator box and tap OK.
Is Street Fighter 5 a playable cross-platform game?
Street Fighter V is a PlayStation 4 game, but you can play on cross platforms. SFV game is now compatible with PC and other gaming consoles.
How to fix SFV won’t launch PC error?
To fix the SFV launch error on PC, try doing the following:
1. Add SFV to the exception list on your PC’s antivirus software.
2. Shut down Intel’s background services as it can interfere with the game sometimes.
3. Verify the integrity of the game’s files on Steam.
4. Repair your DLL library.
5. Update your GPU Drivers.
6. Perform a clean boot on your Windows PC.
Applying one or more of these fixes will solve the SFV launch error on your PC. Scroll up for detailed step-by-step guide.